Thank You, Boston

Some of my most precious Boston memories: My first Boston.  At the finish line with my husband and daughters.  


It's Marathon Monday and for the second year in a row, I'm not in Boston.  In February I couldn't have been happier not to be headed to Boston, but I can't deny that watching the marathon start from my living room in Utah left me a little heart-sick today.  I've run Boston plenty of times, including 2013 and 2014, both significant in their own rights.  I truly feel it's time to explore new roads beginning with the Amsterdam Marathon this coming year.  Unfortunately I am not independently wealthy, so choice have to be made and I've made the choice to leave Boston behind... for now. 






2010 Finish Line with my dad and goofy daughter, Kaitlynne!

At the start of the 2010 B.A.A. 5K (the day before the marathon).  Kaitlynne took the picture.

As much as I hate training through the winter for spring races anywhere, my heart just can't let Boston go.  It isn't the history.  It isn't the fabulous crowds.  Boston's meaning is a little more personal than that for me.  Click on the link below to read my full article in the Deseret News and find out why my love affair with Boston runs strong.  And may the wind always be at your back. 



2012 Boston- My grandma got to see me run a marathon for the first time ever.  So special to have her there with me.  

Boston 2013.  On Boylston St. at Mile 26.  This is the memory of that day I choose to hold close.

Boston 2014.  With my running partner Tyler.  This guy has seen me through some tough races, but this day was pure joy.  It felt like the crowds carried me the last mile.  There will never be another year quite like 2014.



At the start of the 2011 B.A.A. 5K.  It's about the only time my husband and I run together.  

   
My BRF Shelly at the start of the 2014 B.A.A. 5K.  She makes every run a fun run.


No comments:

Post a Comment